Finding Normal posted this fun thing this morning, and I thought I'd participate!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? wrapping paper (except, of course, in obvious exceptions)
2. Real tree or Artificial? Fake (Thank goodness for Yankee Candles that smell like evergreen!)
3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? The day after New Year's -- Jan. 2.
5. Do you like eggnog? Hmmm...because I was pregnant so often at the holidays (I'm ALWAYS pregnant at the holidays) I keep forgetting that I can drink it on the years I've NOT been pregnant. So...maybe next year I'll have an answer because I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT IT TASTES LIKE!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My great-aunt gave me a beautiful hard-cover copy of "Little Women". I took such care of that book, and now I still have it! I know there are other gifts I've loved, but this one sticks out.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My sons....think TRACTORS and you're all set! And Samantha is easy, too -- she pretty much tells you all year long what she wants (which is everything she sees, unfortunately -- her brothers even see things and say, "Can you put that on Samantha's list?", even when she's not there!)
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes--it was my mom's. It's ceramic and small and sits on our bookshelf. We also have several nativity statues. One of these years I'm going to get the Little People Nativity so my kids can be hands on with the Christmas story!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? C'mon people. I'm a "paper-crafter". Mail. (Although, sometimes, I have to confess, I HAVE sent email cards.)
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? There is no such thing.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas (the old one with Bing Crosby....I LOVE it!)
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Oh wait, we're supposed to have started by now! Just kidding -- we have been buying things off and of since the beginning of November.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? yes. :)
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Candy Cane Hershey's Kisses, Bavarian Mints, any cookies my mom and mom-in-law make, oh the list goes on and on!!!
16. Lights on the tree? That's not the question -- the REAL question is white lights or multicolor! (It's a debate at our house this year, so we have blinking white lights.)
17. Favorite Christmas song? I ALWAYS tear up at Silent Night, but I'm a big fan of Oh, Holy Night, and classics like The Christmas Song.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home. (We've done the travel thing....glad we're not doing it anymore.)
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and RUDOLPH. (Did I do it?)
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We used to have an angel, but our poor tree no longer supports it. So we have a simply star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We get to do both. But our presents to our immediate family are opened on Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? That it starts at before Halloween now!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Our tree is covered with ornaments given to us by other people -- so each one of them is special to us. If I were to have a themed tree, it would either be red and gold in color, or blue and silver. Someday!
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Smoked salmon. Yum.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A waffle iron. :O)
Your turn! Leave me a comment so I can come read your answers!