Sunday, April 20, 2008

Baby, baby, baby!

My sister-in-law (and brother-in-law) is expecting baby #1 at the end of May, and part of my shower contribution was the invitations. (I'm sure it's hard to believe that I'd want to do that.) They do not know what they're having, which is always exciting, so we decided to go with a nice soft green and chocolate. (Rachel...and I....and okay, lots of other people....well, we just love chocolate, so this HAD to be part of the shower!)

Here is what I came up with:



Stamps: Baby Steps (CTMH)

Paper/Ink: Key Lime, Chocolate, White Daisy CS

Accessories: Chocolate Polka Dot ribbon from HL (sorry CTMH -- I didn't have enough of my cocoa ribbon rounds!!!!)

Tools used: Blending Pen, Colluzzle, Nestabilities, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, my computer (to do the inside of the invitation)

The inside reads: "They're expecting a baby, a new bundle of joy, A very special gift, be it a girl or a boy."

This card was inspired, again, by Lisa. She always has amazing ideas -- thanks, Lisa!!

Hope you're having a very blessed Sunday, and that you're week will be off to a great start tomorrow!
-Alyssa

9 comments:

Beth said...

Oh my!! So stinking cute!!!!!
Great job!



http://bethstamps.blogspot.com/

Jenn said...

this is super cute!!! I will have to definately get this stamp!!! :D

Lisa Hetrick said...

Oh my goodness it is soooo cute. I'm totally CASE'ing that idea. I just got the little dot embossing folder today. Wowsers. Love it. Lisa SBS!)

Tru said...

Ooohh this is just lovely, I'm soo jelous! I've been waiting weeks for the Swiss Dots folder but it's on back order because the company can't keep up with the USA orders let alone ship to little old NZ. Hope your week is good too.
Trudi

Chris said...

i so love that onesie stamp!!! i just got my new CTMH ctty...havne't had time to crack it, yet!!!

Sara Frawley said...

I just love that embossing folder... your card came out so cute. I've been searching my LSS and Michaels and WalMart and everywhere else I can walk into for that Embossing folder... I guess I'm gonna have to break down and order it online. :) Have a great day!

stampingmommy said...

These are just beautiful! I love any color with the chocolate!! Super cute!
Heather (SBS)

Rochelle W said...

Super cute! I love the colors you picked.

Stacy said...

Just discovered your blog, and I came across this card. So cute!!
Stacy
iamsimplyaddicted.blogspot.com