Monday, January 28, 2008

Sara's Challenge: Emerging Color

Since I'm a newbie stamper, I was very excited when my SBS10 sister, Sara, posted a challenge to the SBS10 to make a card with emerging color. I've never done this before, but it has always awed me when I've seen it and I would love to be able to create something so beautiful. This certainly does not look as amazing as some of the other emerging color examples I've seen, but it's my first attempt and I think it turned out okay -- what do YOU think?



Paper: Chocolate, white daisy, baby pink cs (CTMH)

Ink: Chocolate, Hollyhock, Blush, Garnet (CTMH)

Stamp set: All My Love

Accessories: Scallop circle punch, white organdy ribbon

Techniques: Edge distressing (gotta love CTMH's white core CS!), and Emerging COLOR!

So there you have it, SBS10 -- I think I might trying to do this with some light blues, greens and yellows in a flower pattern! It's fun, and practice makes perfect....back to practicing!

Blessings!

8 comments:

My Paper World said...

I love it! it's so pretty and I adore these colours!

Latisha said...

i think you did a really good job

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Love this....it's the cutest!!!

Lastel said...

You did a great job , very pretty , love the little tag sentiment ! SBS10 Sista

Chris said...

i like it..it turned out really nice!!

Unknown said...

I think its great, I really like it......Chrissy :-)

Michelle said...

It's FANTASTIC!!! What a great card, and I can't believe it's only your first attempt. Well done you! And keep it up.
Michelle SBS10

stampingmommy said...

I think this is gorgeous!! I tried the emerging color this weekend -but my colors are tooooo dark - might retry this weekend. I love this card!!!
Heather (sbs10)